Welcome to ONL
Organization of Nurse Leaders (ONL) is a not-for profit professional association committed to the advancement of professional nursing, promoting the delivery of quality patient care and influencing the development of health policy in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. ONL is committed to fostering the development of nurse leaders across the continuum through mentorship, collaboration and education and to providing an organized structure that promotes support, research, education, and professional development among members.
ONL consists of over 700 nurse leaders from various practice and academic settings. Virtually all acute-care hospitals in the Commonwealth are represented along with a growing number of providers from other settings including home care, long-term care, academia and corrections. Collectively, the membership employs over 40,000 nurses and health-care workers and administers over $1 billion in operating budgets annually.
ONL is an affiliate of AONE and has a long-standing tradition of support and collaboration with the Massachusetts Hospital Association.
It is our pleasure to inform you that ONL, MA-RI has once again been honored to receive the AONE Chapter Achievement award. The award will be presented at the AONE annual meeting in Phoenix on April 18, 2005. Many thanks to the many individual members who made this possible. The members undeniably make this organization proud, and you are all to be commended for your involvement and support. Please click here to see the submission.
- Massachusetts General Hospital invites you to the 3rd international symposium, Healthcare and the Gordian Knot: Preparing to lead through unprecedented Change, Challenge and Complexity. For the invitation, please click here.
- Howard Gotlieb Archival Research Center and Nursing Archives Associates at Boston University cordially invite you to attend the NAA Annual Meeting with guest speaker Susan Luz, BSN, MPH, RN. To see the invitation, please click here.
- We are now accepting applications for the Sharon B. Smith Scholarship Awards, to be announced at the Awards Banquet on June 4th. To see the application, including eligibility requirements, please click here.
- We are now accepting nominations for the Mary B. Conceison Award. For more information, please click here.
- We are now accepting nominations for the The Janet Madigan Advocacy Award. For further details, please click here.
Nurses Play Pivotal Role in Advancing Healthcare
About 150 nurse leaders, educators, nurses, and health care
employers attended the first annual MA Healthcare Workforce
Summit on initiatives and best practices to advance health care
and improve patient care. Summit sponsors and keynote speakers
(L-R) David Cedrone, Associate Commissioner for Economic and
Workforce Development, MA Department of Higher Education;
Sharon Gale, CEO, Organization of Nurse Leaders of MA & RI;
Pat Crombie, MA Action Coalition/APIN Project Director;
Mary Dickow, Statewide Director of the California Action Coalition;
Bryan Hoffman, Program Manager of RWJF’s Academic Progression
in Nursing (APIN) initiative.